This comparison simply includes all savings accounts.
Yorkshire Bank Current Account
Why we like it: SPECIAL OFFER - £125 for SWITCHING to an HSBC Advance Account.Earn 2.75% AER/gross when you save between £25 and £250 per month. Arranged overdraft limit of at least £1,000 on account opening. Money banking app. No monthly account fee. Easy switching with the Current Account Switch Service. Must be 18 or older and be UK resident. Must pay in £1,750 per month or £10,500 over 6 months. Must be approved for an arranged overdraft of £1,000+. Get the £125 when switching to an HSBC Advance Account as a new customer with at least 2 Direct Debits or standing orders. Eligibility criteria and T&C’s apply. Offer may be withdrawn anytime
Why we like it: Earn 0.60% AER (variable) interest on balances up to a maximum of £20,000. Up to 3% CASHBACK on various household bills. Monthly fee of £5. Cashback capped at £5 for each cashback tier each month. Must pay in £500 pm.
Why we like it: Get set up in minutes. No paperwork, monthly fees or branch visits. Send money abroad: Fast and secure money transfers to bank accounts in 38 countries worldwide. No fees when you pay with your card abroad or withdraw money. Real Mastercard exchange rates and real-time notifications in both currencies. Get a spotlight on your spending: See what you’ve spent instantly with real-time payment notifications. Current account is completely free.: No charge for making electronic payments, domestic transfers or ATM withdrawals. Three-month interest holiday on the first £500 of an arranged overdraft. Earn Interest: current account pays 0.05% AER on balances up to £85,000.Card gone missing? Lock it in-app temporarily while you look for it or cancel it with a tap if you think it’s gone for good. Personal loan available that’s straightforward to use, competitively priced and tailored to you. Best British Bank and Best Current Account in 2018, 2019 and 2020 at the British Bank Awards. Awarded 5 stars by Defaqto too. Fully registered bank and a member of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS), so any money you keep will be fully protected, up to £85,000
Yorkshire Bank Current Accounts
Yorkshire Bank offer a range of current accounts as well as the new ‘B’ current account in partnership with Clydesdale Bank. Firstly, their Current Account Plus option provides you with straightforward banking plus an overdraft option.
Current Account Plus is one of Yorkshire Bank's standard current accounts that comes with a number of benefits, including:
- An overdraft facility
- Access to Savings Account Plus, which lets you earn interest on your savings. You are able to transfer the money from one account to the other easily
- 24-hour telephone and internet banking
- An internet banking app
- Withdrawal of up to £500 cash a day
- Contactless debit card to make payments up to £30 quickly and easily
There is no monthly account fee for their standard account.
They also offer a Signature Current Account for £13.50 a month which offers a number of rewards in terms of insurance cover. This could possibly save you a lot of money if you currently hold separate policies for these items. All year round insurance policies included with this account include:
- Family travel insurance which is provided by AIG Europe Limited and provides multi-trip cover for you and your family, including winter sports, golf and weddings abroad.
- UK breakdown cover which is provided by Green Flag and covers you whether you’re a driver or a passenger. It includes home calls.
- Mobile phone insurance provided by Lifestyle Services Group, which covers your phone (with a value of up to £1000 including VAT) for loss, theft and accidental damage.
- Gadget insurance provided by Lifestyle Services Group offering cover for many devices including cameras, MP3 players, laptops, tablets and more with a value between £50 and £750 including VAT.
- ID Defender provided by Lifestyle Services Group which lets you access your credit reports, check if your personal details are being used online, and get support and advice when you need it.
Discounts are also available for Signature Current Account holders when you shop at certain major high street stores and supermarkets such as Sainsbury’s and Morrisons as well as some holidays, cinema, concert tickets and events.
Yorkshire Bank also offer, in partnership with Clydesdale Bank, a new current account and instant savings account that work fluidly together within one super-smart app called B. Launched earlier this month, the app-based B account is available on both Apple and Android devices, so you can log on whenever you want and set up savings pots, tag and track spending or automatically sweep cash between current and savings accounts. You can also link any offset mortgages you hold with Clydesdale or Yorkshire Bank to your B current or instant savings account to help reduce the amount of interest you owe.
You can find more information on this under the specific ‘B’ tab on this website.
Yorkshire Bank do not pay interest on credit in your current account. The savings account which you receive with your account 0.10% but will fall to 0.01% in the New Year. The B savings account is currently at 1% interest but will fall to 0.75% interest in the New Year.