This comparison simply includes all savings accounts.
Yorkshire Bank Current Account
Why we like it: 5.00% interest for 12 months on balances up to £2,500 for the first year. You must pay in £1,000 or more each month to receive interest (excluding transfers from any Nationwide account held by you or anyone else). 12 month fee-free arranged overdraft available. No monthly fee. Access to Flexclusives - Select Credit Card and low personal loan rate. 3.0% APR Representative. Must be aged 18 or older
Why we like it: Earn 1.50% AER (variable) interest on balances up to a maximum of £20,000. Up to 3% CASHBACK on various household bills. Monthly fee of £5. Must pay in £500 pm.
Why we like it: 0.50% AER (variable) payable on your entire balance up to £2,000. Linked to instant access savings account currently paying 1.00% AER, paid quarterly. Zero transaction fees wherever you spend worldwide (arranged and un-arranged lending, other providers & other fees and interest may still apply). Apple Pay & Google Pay enabled contactless debit card. Rated ‘outstanding’ by Moneyfacts. Must be 18 or older and a UK resident. No account fee. No minimum funding required to open account or requirement to pay in regularly
Why we like it: UK & Europe Breakdown Cover, Worldwide family travel and mobile phone insurance, and commission-free cash withdrawals and card payments abroad. Free mobile banking app, text alerts and secure online banking. Access to Flexclusives - Select Credit Card and low personal loan rate. £13 monthly account fee
Why we like it: Everyday current accout. No monthly account fee. Access to Flexclusives - Select Credit Card and low personal loan rate. 3.0% APR Representative (terms and conditions apply)
Yorkshire Bank Current Accounts
Yorkshire Bank offer a range of current accounts as well as the new ‘B’ current account in partnership with Clydesdale Bank. Firstly, their Current Account Plus option provides you with straightforward banking plus an overdraft option.
Current Account Plus is one of Yorkshire Bank's standard current accounts that comes with a number of benefits, including:
- An overdraft facility
- Access to Savings Account Plus, which lets you earn interest on your savings. You are able to transfer the money from one account to the other easily
- 24-hour telephone and internet banking
- An internet banking app
- Withdrawal of up to £500 cash a day
- Contactless debit card to make payments up to £30 quickly and easily
There is no monthly account fee for their standard account.
They also offer a Signature Current Account for £13.50 a month which offers a number of rewards in terms of insurance cover. This could possibly save you a lot of money if you currently hold separate policies for these items. All year round insurance policies included with this account include:
- Family travel insurance which is provided by AIG Europe Limited and provides multi-trip cover for you and your family, including winter sports, golf and weddings abroad.
- UK breakdown cover which is provided by Green Flag and covers you whether you’re a driver or a passenger. It includes home calls.
- Mobile phone insurance provided by Lifestyle Services Group, which covers your phone (with a value of up to £1000 including VAT) for loss, theft and accidental damage.
- Gadget insurance provided by Lifestyle Services Group offering cover for many devices including cameras, MP3 players, laptops, tablets and more with a value between £50 and £750 including VAT.
- ID Defender provided by Lifestyle Services Group which lets you access your credit reports, check if your personal details are being used online, and get support and advice when you need it.
Discounts are also available for Signature Current Account holders when you shop at certain major high street stores and supermarkets such as Sainsbury’s and Morrisons as well as some holidays, cinema, concert tickets and events.
Yorkshire Bank also offer, in partnership with Clydesdale Bank, a new current account and instant savings account that work fluidly together within one super-smart app called B. Launched earlier this month, the app-based B account is available on both Apple and Android devices, so you can log on whenever you want and set up savings pots, tag and track spending or automatically sweep cash between current and savings accounts. You can also link any offset mortgages you hold with Clydesdale or Yorkshire Bank to your B current or instant savings account to help reduce the amount of interest you owe.
You can find more information on this under the specific ‘B’ tab on this website.
Yorkshire Bank do not pay interest on credit in your current account. The savings account which you receive with your account 0.10% but will fall to 0.01% in the New Year. The B savings account is currently at 1% interest but will fall to 0.75% interest in the New Year.