This comparison simply includes all savings accounts.
Yorkshire Bank Current Account
Why we like it: £100 for switching into account. £250 interest free overdraft. Free banking if paying over £1,000 per month. £100 if not satisfied after 6 months
Why we like it: Top 20% of Reward Customers earn on average £217 - You can earn Rewards on Direct Debits from your current account for: • Council tax • Gas, electricity and water supply • Home and mobile phone, TV package and broadband fees
Disclaimer: To apply for this account you must be aged 18 or over. UK resident. Not been declared bankrupt in last 6 years.
Why we like it: Earn rewards of up to £180 a year when you bank with Barclays - Get an annual loyalty reward of £84 plus £60 on your Barclays residential mortgage and £36 on your Barclays home and contents insurance. Start earning rewards with a monthly £3 fee based on £800 paid into your account and 2 direct debits paid out every month
Yorkshire Bank Current Accounts
Yorkshire Bank offer a range of current accounts as well as the new ‘B’ current account in partnership with Clydesdale Bank. Firstly, their Current Account Plus option provides you with straightforward banking plus an overdraft option.
Current Account Plus is one of Yorkshire Bank's standard current accounts that comes with a number of benefits, including:
- An overdraft facility
- Access to Savings Account Plus, which lets you earn interest on your savings. You are able to transfer the money from one account to the other easily
- 24-hour telephone and internet banking
- An internet banking app
- Withdrawal of up to £500 cash a day
- Contactless debit card to make payments up to £30 quickly and easily
There is no monthly account fee for their standard account.
They also offer a Signature Current Account for £13.50 a month which offers a number of rewards in terms of insurance cover. This could possibly save you a lot of money if you currently hold separate policies for these items. All year round insurance policies included with this account include:
- Family travel insurance which is provided by AIG Europe Limited and provides multi-trip cover for you and your family, including winter sports, golf and weddings abroad.
- UK breakdown cover which is provided by Green Flag and covers you whether you’re a driver or a passenger. It includes home calls.
- Mobile phone insurance provided by Lifestyle Services Group, which covers your phone (with a value of up to £1000 including VAT) for loss, theft and accidental damage.
- Gadget insurance provided by Lifestyle Services Group offering cover for many devices including cameras, MP3 players, laptops, tablets and more with a value between £50 and £750 including VAT.
- ID Defender provided by Lifestyle Services Group which lets you access your credit reports, check if your personal details are being used online, and get support and advice when you need it.
Discounts are also available for Signature Current Account holders when you shop at certain major high street stores and supermarkets such as Sainsbury’s and Morrisons as well as some holidays, cinema, concert tickets and events.
Yorkshire Bank also offer, in partnership with Clydesdale Bank, a new current account and instant savings account that work fluidly together within one super-smart app called B. Launched earlier this month, the app-based B account is available on both Apple and Android devices, so you can log on whenever you want and set up savings pots, tag and track spending or automatically sweep cash between current and savings accounts. You can also link any offset mortgages you hold with Clydesdale or Yorkshire Bank to your B current or instant savings account to help reduce the amount of interest you owe.
You can find more information on this under the specific ‘B’ tab on this website.
Yorkshire Bank do not pay interest on credit in your current account. The savings account which you receive with your account 0.10% but will fall to 0.01% in the New Year. The B savings account is currently at 1% interest but will fall to 0.75% interest in the New Year.