This comparison simply includes all savings accounts.
Best Nationwide Current Account
Why we like it: 5.00% interest for 12 months on balances up to £2,500 for the first year. You must pay in £1,000 or more each month to receive interest (excluding transfers from any Nationwide account held by you or anyone else). 12 month fee-free arranged overdraft available. No monthly fee. Must be aged 18 or older.
Why we like it: 3.0% AER fixed interest on balances up to £2,500. No fees on arranged overdrafts up to £250. UK & Europe Breakdown Cover, Worldwide family travel insurance. Free mobile banking app, text alerts and secure online banking. £13 monthly account fee
Why we like it: Earn 1.50% AER (variable) interest on balances up to a maximum of £20,000. Up to 3% CASHBACK on various household bills. Monthly fee of £5. Must pay in £500 pm.
Why we like it: Free gift worth up to £150 for switching into account. £250 interest free overdraft. Free banking if paying over £1,000 per month. Satisfaction guarantee - £100 if you leave within 6 months
Why we like it: Everyday current account. 3 months interest-free overdraft and no monthly account fee
Why we like it: Earn rewards of up to £180 a year when you bank with Barclays - Get an annual loyalty reward of £84 plus £60 on your Barclays residential mortgage and £36 on your Barclays home and contents insurance. Start earning rewards with a monthly £3 fee based on £800 paid into your account and 2 direct debits paid out every month
Compare Nationwide Current Accounts
Nationwide have a wide selection of accounts available each with their own set of incentives and perks. Nationwide were recognised as the “Best Online Current Account Provider” in the Your Money Direct Awards from 2014 to 2016.
Nationwide offer, as standard:
- Award winning online banking
- Exclusive products and offers
- UK-only call centres, open 24/7
- Withdrawal of up to £500 cash per day from their ATM network
- Free text alerts to help you manage your account
- Access to close to 700 UK wide branches
- Option to run as a joint account
- Works with Apple Pay and Android Pay
- Eligibility for our cash Flexclusive ISA and Flexclusive Regular Saver savings accounts
Compare the different accounts below to find one that’s right for you.
Nationwide FlexDirect account
The FlexDirect account could be right for you if you're after an account that pays you interest when you have money in your account and you prefer to do your banking online or over the phone. It also has a really simple set of overdraft fees. To benefit from all this account has to offer, you'll need to pay in a minimum of £1,000 per calendar month.
Here's what you could get with FlexDirect:
- In-credit interest at 5% AER (4.89% gross p.a.) on balances up to £2,500 (fixed for the first 12 months)
- Fee free overdraft for 12 months
- No monthly account fee
This account could be right for you if you're looking for an account with no monthly fee that gives you access to free European & UK multi-trip travel insurance.
Here's what you could get with FlexAccount:
- Free UK & Europe multi-trip travel insurance when you pay in at least £750 each month in to your account
- 3 month interest-free overdraft
Nationwide FlexPlus account
FlexPlus provides more than just interest. Choose FlexPlus for great banking features as well as a range of insurance policies and account benefits, charged at £10 a month. There are number of rewards with this account, potentially covering the £10 if you already pay separately for the included insurance policies.
Here's what you'll get with FlexPlus:
- UK & European Breakdown and Recovery Assistance
- 3 month fee-free overdraft and a £100 fee-free limit after that
- Worldwide family mobile phone insurance
- Worldwide family travel insurance for you and your family, including winter sports, golf and business.
- Extended warranty on eligible household electrical goods.
- 3% AER in-credit interest (2.96% gross p.a.) variable on balances up to £2,500
- Commission-free cash withdrawals abroad
- Identity theft and emergency card assistance
Apart from student and children’s current accounts they also offer a FlexBasic account which is only available if you are not eligible for any of the other current accounts, you are bankrupt or don’t have a current account in the UK.
As standard, Nationwide offers a contactless Visa debit card which efficiently allows you to pay for up to £30 worth of goods or services in a single transaction. Contactless payments are safe and highly secure. If your card is lost or stolen, as long as you report it to your bank as soon as possible in accordance with your bank’s terms, you won’t have to pay for any fraudulent use.
Nationwide have an excellent selection of free to fee paying current accounts and as one of the banks that offer in-credit interest they are very good option for savers.