This comparison simply includes all savings accounts.
Current Account Offers
Why we like it: 5.00% interest for 12 months on balances up to £2,500 for the first year. You must pay in £1,000 or more each month to receive interest (excluding transfers from any Nationwide account held by you or anyone else). 12 month fee-free arranged overdraft available. No monthly fee. Must be aged 18 or older.
Why we like it: 3.0% AER fixed interest on balances up to £2,500. No fees on arranged overdrafts up to £250. UK & Europe Breakdown Cover, Worldwide family travel insurance. Free mobile banking app, text alerts and secure online banking. £13 monthly account fee
Why we like it: Earn 1.50% AER (variable) interest on balances up to a maximum of £20,000. Up to 3% CASHBACK on various household bills. Monthly fee of £5. Must pay in £500 pm.
Why we like it: Free gift worth up to £150 for switching into account. £250 interest free overdraft. Free banking if paying over £1,000 per month. Satisfaction guarantee - £100 if you leave within 6 months
Why we like it: Everyday current account. 3 months interest-free overdraft and no monthly account fee
Why we like it: Earn rewards of up to £180 a year when you bank with Barclays - Get an annual loyalty reward of £84 plus £60 on your Barclays residential mortgage and £36 on your Barclays home and contents insurance. Start earning rewards with a monthly £3 fee based on £800 paid into your account and 2 direct debits paid out every month
Best Current Account Offers
A number of current accounts offer cashback, ongoing rewards, or a mixture of the two as an incentive to get you to switch.
Cashbacks can be either a cash sum (often in the £100s) or equivalent for switching, or a percentage (up to 5%) of various household bills or other spending (e.g. contactless), paid to you ongoing. Some of these are packaged and so have a monthly account fee, some do not.
Current accounts are offering some great deals at the moment and many of them offer a higher rate of interest than many savings accounts.
There are also other offers such as fee-free overdrafts. All of the accounts we list adhere to the Current Account Switch Guarantee and offer a 7 Day Switch service.
Take advantage of the switch rewards and cash back offers and watch your money grow.
Here are a selection of the best deals around at the moment:
- TSB are offering £10 cashback each month if you have two Direct Debits per month and use your debit card 20 times per month. This on top of their currently high rate of interest make for a very rewarding deal.
- Halifax are rewarding £100 for switching to their account along with monthly cash rewards for meeting certain criteria.
- Natwest are offering 3% cashback on all household bills with their reward account.
- Co-operative Bank are giving away £150 for switching to their current account. This is followed up by monthly cash rewards for meeting certain criteria.
- HSBC are offering £150 for switching to their current account with another £50 if you stay with them a year. HSBC will also give you a six month interest-free overdraft.
- First Direct are giving customers £100 when they switch and stay with them for three months. If you are dissatisfied with their service they will give you another £100 when you leave.
- Santander 123 and 123 Lite offer cashback on your household bills making it a great way to earn money back on necessary spending. The 123 account also offer a good rate of interest on balances up to £20,000.
- Marks and Spencer are offering customers a £100 voucher when they switch as well as £10 per month for 12 months if certain criteria are met. A great offer if you regularly shop at Marks and Spencer.
You can find out more about any of these offers on our website.