This comparison simply includes all savings accounts.
Clydesdale Bank Current Account
Why we like it: 5.00% interest for 12 months on balances up to £2,500 for the first year. You must pay in £1,000 or more each month to receive interest (excluding transfers from any Nationwide account held by you or anyone else). 12 month fee-free arranged overdraft available. No monthly fee. Access to Flexclusives - Select Credit Card and low personal loan rate. 3.0% APR Representative. Must be aged 18 or older
Why we like it: Earn 1.50% AER (variable) interest on balances up to a maximum of £20,000. Up to 3% CASHBACK on various household bills. Monthly fee of £5. Must pay in £500 pm.
Why we like it: 0.50% AER (variable) payable on your entire balance up to £2,000. Linked to instant access savings account currently paying 1.00% AER, paid quarterly. Zero transaction fees wherever you spend worldwide (arranged and un-arranged lending, other providers & other fees and interest may still apply). Apple Pay & Google Pay enabled contactless debit card. Rated ‘outstanding’ by Moneyfacts. Must be 18 or older and a UK resident. No account fee. No minimum funding required to open account or requirement to pay in regularly
Why we like it: UK & Europe Breakdown Cover, Worldwide family travel and mobile phone insurance, and commission-free cash withdrawals and card payments abroad. Free mobile banking app, text alerts and secure online banking. Access to Flexclusives - Select Credit Card and low personal loan rate. £13 monthly account fee
Why we like it: Everyday current accout. No monthly account fee. Access to Flexclusives - Select Credit Card and low personal loan rate. 3.0% APR Representative (terms and conditions apply)
Compare Clydesdale Bank Current Accounts
Clydesdale bank offer a range of current accounts to choose from, including their new account in partnership with Yorkshire Bank ‘B’.
Clydesdale offer as standard:
- Savings Account Plus - An instant access account which is available with your Current Account Plus
- 24 hour access - Telephone banking, mobile and internet banking
- Withdrawls of up to £500 cash a day
- Contactless Debit Card
- Current Account Control Help which can help to control your finances and limit unwanted charges at a cost of £7.50 per month.
- £25.00 planned borrowing buffer amount
- An arranged overdraft
The current accounts which Clydesdale offer include:
Current Account Plus
Current Account Plus is one of Clydesdale Bank's standard current accounts which offers all of the services above and works as a standard bank account would.
There is no monthly fee or minimum pay in per month. However, there is no interest paid on in-credit amounts in this account.
Signature Current Account
This current account comes with a selection of insurance rewards. Clydesdale Bank's Signature Current Account offers you added insurance cover along with your regular current account services, for £13.50 per month. It does not pay in-credit interest.
All year round insurance policies that come with this account include:
- Family travel insurance which is provided by AIG Europe Limited and provides multi-trip cover for you and your family, including winter sports, golf and weddings abroad.
- UK breakdown cover which is provided by Green Flag and covers you whether you’re a driver or a passenger. It includes home calls.
- Mobile phone insurance provided by Lifestyle Services Group, which covers your phone (with a value of up to £1000 including VAT) for loss, theft and accidental damage.
- Gadget insurance provided by Lifestyle Services Group offering cover for many devices including cameras, MP3 players, laptops, tablets and more with a value between £50 and £750 including VAT.
- ID Defender provided by Lifestyle Services Group that lets you access your credit reports, check if your personal details are being used online, and get support and advice when you need it.
Also included are certain discounts available to account holders for some major stores and supermarkets, cinema tickets, holidays, events and concerts.
The overdraft interest rate on this account is lower than the standard account at 12.50% EAR compared to 18.85% EAR on the Current Account Plus.
B Current Account
Yorkshire Bank also offer, in partnership with Clydesdale Bank, a new current account and instant savings account that work seamlessly together within one super-smart app.
Launched earlier this month, the app-based B account is available on both Apple and Android devices, so you can log on whenever you want and set up savings pots, tag and track spending or automatically sweep cash between current and savings accounts.
You can also link any offset mortgage you hold with Clydesdale or Yorkshire Bank to your B current or instant savings account to help reduce the amount of interest you owe.
You can find more information on this under the specific ‘B’ tab on this website.
Overall, Clydesdale offer a great selection of current accounts with a good all round service. It’s worth noting that they do not provide interest on your balance and there is no interest-free overdraft included with any of these accounts.